Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections 2017 Scholarship
The Leon County Supervisor of Elections is excited to share an important scholarship opportunity with full-time students enrolled in a senior college or university in Florida.
The Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections (FSASE) will award three $1,200 scholarships in 2017 to three Florida students majoring in Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Journalism or Mass Communications. Scholarship applicants must meet all eligibility requirements as outlined in the scholarship guidelines.
The scholarship application and guidelines are available online at www.leonvotes.org. The Leon County Supervisor of Elections must receive all completed applications and letters of recommendation by Wednesday, March 29, 2017. All applications received by the deadline will be reviewed. Interviews will be scheduled with applicants who meet all of the eligibility requirements.
Mail completed applications and letters of recommendation to:
Supervisor of Elections
P.O. Box 7357
Tallahassee, Florida 32314-7357
Deliver in person completed applications and letters of recommendation to:
Supervisor of Elections
315 S. Calhoun Street, Suite 110
Leon County Government Annex
GUIDELINES FOR THE FLORIDA STATE ASSOCIATION OF SUPERVISORS OF ELECTIONS SCHOLARSHIP STUDENT ELIGIBILITY
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY – To be eligible for the FSASE Scholarship the student applicant shall:
1. Be either a Political Science/Public or Business Administration or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Have been a bona fide resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which application is made.
4. Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No postgraduate or second-degree students.
5. Have finished two years of junior college or undergraduate work (enough credits for enrollment as a junior).
6. Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
7. Submit a resume of your high school and college activities as well as what you have done for your community.
8. Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form, can just send a statement of their financial need.)
9. Have maintained a “C” average or above for the previous year.
10. Be available for personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
11.* BE REGISTERED TO VOTE. *(Written verification required by Supervisor submitting the application where you are registered to vote.)
ELIGIBLE INSTITUTION – Scholarship must be given to students attending a Florida university of college which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
STIPULATION – The scholarship check will be made payable to the winning applicant AND to the school which they will be attending.
1. Must apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements. (Failure to do so could result in non-consideration).
2. Must continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements
3. Must maintain a “C” average or above.
4. Must remain in good standing at the institution.
1. Must be received by the Supervisor of Elections in the County that you are registered in by March 29, 2017.
2. Letters of recommendation MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION OR BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE.
SELECTION – Each County’s Supervisor will review all applications received and select one finalist to be sent to the FSASE Scholarship Committee, along with a written opinion of the applicant. The FSASE Scholarship Committee will select THREE winners ($1,200 each) from the finalists submitted from the Supervisors. A student who has received the scholarship award may make a second application of the following year.