This scholarship is awarded to full‐time undergraduate students in the College of Science and Technology pursuing a B.S. degree in mathematics who have obtained a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8. Preference will be given to (1) juniors and seniors; (2) students demonstrating financial need; (3) U.S. citizens; (4) applicants demonstrating the potential
and a desire to obtain a Ph.D. in mathematics or a related science field; and (5) applicants exemplifying active involvement in a campus or community organization. Three (3) letters of recommendation (one must be from a FAMU math faculty member (or a high school math teacher) and one must be from someone who serves in a leadership or advisory role with the applicant’s campus or community organization), an essay, and a résumé are required.
- College of Science and Technology
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a copy of your resume.
- Please upload your essay (650-1000 words) where you discuss your professional and career goals, your research experience (if any), and the impact this scholarship will make regarding you meeting your professional goals.
- Please provide the names and email addresses for the required three (3) letters of recommendation (one must be from a FAMU math faculty member (or a high school math teacher) and one must be from someone who serves in a leadership or advisory role with the applicant’s campus or community organization)
- Letter #1
- Letter #2
- Letter #3
- If you have the hard copy letter(s) of recommendation, please upload the letter(s).