Dow Inc. is a materials science company ranked on the “Great Place to Work” and “100 Best Companies to Work For” lists. The awards we receive reflect our commitment to an inclusive work culture, transformative innovation, and a sustainable future. In alignment with our Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) values, Dow ACTs (Advocacy, Community, Talent) was born to help us focus on key initiatives such as education, support and addressing pipeline disparities in our industry. As a result, we are happy to announce the Dow Scholars Program for FAMU engineering students.
The Dow Scholars Program will award up to twelve (12) $5,000 manufacturing scholarship per semester starting with the Spring 2022 semester. Members of the Dow FAMU Recruiting Team will work with University partners on allocations and the number of scholarships to award per semester. Applications will be judged based on Dow established scoring criteria.
The following criteria apply to all applicants:
• Be a US citizen, US national, US permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) at the time of application.
• Enrolled as a full-time student at FAMU.
• Majoring in one of the following:
o Chemical Engineering
o Civil Engineering
o Electrical Engineering
o Industrial Engineering
o Materials Science & Engineering
o Mechanical Engineering
• Be in good academic standing within the College of Engineering (minimum of 2.7 out of 4.0) on a cumulative basis.
• Completed freshman year curriculum and credit hours per the University Registrar’s Office.
• Willing to provide a short statement (250 words or less) on how applicant intends to use their engineering degree to contribute to a more inclusive, innovative, and sustainable world.
• Demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form.
• Applicants of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian) or other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Former or current Dow interns and alternating term co-ops (ATC) are encouraged to apply.